Pathways to Academic & Career Exploration to Success
The Pathways to Academic and Career Exploration to Success (PACES) program supports youth in foster care, ages 16-21, in their successful transition to and retention in post-secondary education, career technical education and workforce readiness.
Our devoted coaches are supportive adults who assist youth with 1:1 meetings and assessments to create and implement plans for education/employment success. Coaches guide youth to self-advocate by utilizing social networking and professional communication skills to coordinate with and leverage local and state-wide support systems and resources.
Referrals for PACES are accepted through Essex County and Union County DCP&P and DCF.
Educational Services PACES Provides
- High school tracking towards graduation
- Financial aid application assistance
- Grant and scholarship research tools
- College preparatory course referrals and test centers
- College application and college search assistance
- Non-traditional post-secondary education options exploration
- Development of academic skills and behaviors
- Coordination of educational testing opportunities
- Supplemental instruction
- College admissions prep
- Standardized testing
- Collaboration with CP&P and educational institutions (secondary, postsecondary, etc.)
- Link to college retention programs
Employment Services PACES Provides
- Exploring interests and skills through case management and career inventories
- Connections to county- and state –based resources
- Referrals to local employment agencies
- Employment application assistance
- Resume, cover letter and interview prep
- Facilitation of internships, job shadowing, volunteer or community service options
The CAU PACES Team
Francis Anyanwu, Master of Social Work (MSW)
Tanaya Bryant, Master of Child Advocacy and Policy (MCAP)
Jahki Harrison, Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Stephanie Sample, Master of Social Work (MSW)
Stacy Marshall, Assistant Executive Director of Educational Services
Master of Science in Teaching (MST)
Doctorial student, Education Leadership, Administration & Policy
Recent Member Success
Dellmicah: “I got a new job! I’ve set a life goal of attending real estate school.”
Britney: “I got into college!, I’m on track to graduate high school and I won a scholarship! I also got a new job!”
Evan: “I am a tri-instrumentalist and self-taught audio engineer. I am in the process of producing an album. I am also on track to graduate!”
Gemini: “I am about to graduate from college. I have a better understanding of what I am meant to do in life.”
Contact CAU for more information about this program, or complete the contact form below.
Contact us today to learn more.
* indicates a required field.