Community Access Unlimited strives to create pathways for our members and the greater community to interact holistically. We forge these opportunities by joining forces with community leaders, other nonprofits, local businesses, and more. Explore how you can participate in our mission through community collaboration!
Union County Youth Services Steering Committee
Formed in 2012, the Union County Youth Services Steering Committee aims to increase the number, availability, and accessibility of services for youth.
What UCYSSC Does
- Develops a countywide network of public and private agencies, advocates, volunteers, and faith-based organizations that provide youth services.
- Shares and disseminates information about available youth programs
- Identifies and close any gaps in youth service programs
- Sponsors and hosts regular meetings and an annual conference for the youth services community
Annual Union County Youth Services Networking Conference
Every October, the Annual Union County Youth Services Networking Conference brings together the collaborative Union County youth-serving community to ensure the safety, well-being and future success of youth and young adults.
The one-day conference features keynote speakers and roundtable discussions on topics like after-school recreation, domestic violence, serving LGBTQI youth, and much more.
Check our calendar for updates and information about UCYNC 2019.
Union County Interfaith Coordinating Council (UCICC)
CAU spearheaded the UCICC as a way to facilitate regular interfaith meetings and build relationships between religious groups. UCICC welcomes all regardless of faith, sexual orientation, legal status, or ability.
What UCICC Does
- Develops all-inclusive, interfaith solidarity
- Builds working relationships with community religious organizations
- Sponsors regular interfaith meetings
- Strengthens congregations through participation, action, and self-help education
- Join us every Saturday at 80 West Grand St. in Elizabeth for religious services, and be sure to check out the CAU calendar for UCICC’s upcoming meetings and events.
To have UCICC’s monthly newsletter mailed to you, contact 908-354-3040 x4324 or UCInterfaith@caunj.org. Access a digital copy by visiting our publication page.
- Elder Roderick Spearman, Consultant
Find us on Facebook:
Union County Nonprofit Consortium (UCNC)
Founded in 2011, UCNC is a support network for nonprofit executive directors across Union County to discuss common challenges, exchange knowledge, leverage resources, and increase capacity. In addition to providing resources and reinforcement, UCNC offers a yearly conference, and the Union County Leadership Fellows Institute.
Doing Good Better Conference
The UCNC Doing Good Better conference is a one-day event featuring inspiring speakers from the nonprofit community, panels, breakout workshops, and productive discussion. Dozens of nonprofits participate each year to renew their collective mission of maintaining and growing a vibrant, responsive social service system.
Check back here for conference information and updates.
Union County Leadership Fellows Institute
The Union County Non-Profit Leadership Fellows Institute was launched in 2017 with the goal of developing the next generation of informed and effective executives in the nonprofit sector. The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders seeded the UCLFI with a $5,000 grant.
The institute is a first-of-its-kind, public-nonprofit-private partnership between the Union County Non-Profit Consortium. It was spearheaded by Union County Freeholder Bruce Bergen.
CAU’s Jasmine Coleman and Tyechia Wade each began as direct care workers and advanced several levels to their current positions of assistant executive director within the agency’s residential services department for people with disabilities. Congratulations to them both for their accomplishment!