Community Based Supports assist individuals who need direct support to achieve independence and inclusion. Services include helping members attend an event, take a class, learn daily living skills, shop — you name it, we do it.
Supports are available anywhere from 2 to 24 hours a day, depending on need. Individuals and families receiving support are encouraged to get involved in advocacy and the CAU Connecting Families group to stay abreast of agency events and updates.
Each person we support is an individual who has unique needs. Members seeking services may choose from a broad array of services, including:
- Academy for Continuing Education
- Assistive Technology
- Behavioral Management
- Community Inclusion Services
- Fiscal Management Services
- Environmental Modifications
- Natural Supports Training
- Career Planning
- Individual or Small Group Supported Employment
- Interpreter Services
Who We Serve
These services are perfect for:
- Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Families of individuals with disabilities or special needs
- Caregivers needing respite services
Through this program, CAU strives to provide participants with an affordable plan that is tailored to meet their needs and inspire them to work towards their future goals.
What to Expect
In addition to providing services, Community Access Unlimited ensures that those we support are treated with the utmost respect while participating in the community in a safe and healthy manner. The following policies help to do just that:
- CAU will make every effort to accommodate any regular schedule preferences or last-minute changes.
- CAU has an on-call system that allows for any last minute changes in schedule to be communicated quickly and efficiently to necessary parties.
- Staff assigned to give support to you or your loved one must complete a series of trainings that ensures safe and proper provision of services. These trainings include Preventing Abuse & Neglect, CPR & First Aid, and an Overview of Developmental Disabilities. In addition, CAU offers over 70 enhancement trainings for staff to complete that will provide more targeted instruction for staff supporting members with more complex needs.
- CAU follows strict HIPAA policies and will keep your medical and personal records safe and secure.
Jake has been receiving supports from CAU since 2013. Jake suffers from anxiety when dealing with anything new and each work his staff works with him to learn the steps involved in everyday things – such as vacuuming the kitchen floor or cleaning up after dinner – and new experiences such as getting a haircut. This year, Jake watched fireworks for the first time.
“It’s incredible, it gives us time to have a conversation when we’re all in the same room as opposed to all the focus being on Jake. Also Jake can focus better on things. It allows you to feel more normal as a family and try activities other families take for granted.”
– Tiffanie Melius, Mother
Contact us today to learn more.
* indicates a required field.