As a representative payee organization, Community Access Unlimited can assist you and your family manage the benefits provided by Social Security and/or SSI if you are not able to do so.
With the latest financial tools and constant communication with those enrolled in our program, we will ensure that your needs are met and financial obligations are taken care of.
CAU provides this service to individuals in all 21 counties of New Jersey. Our long-standing history of providing statewide services allows us to be the experts of the laws and regulations in New Jersey
Representative Payee Services:
As a payee, we are responsible for addressing the current and foreseeable needs of the participant or beneficiary. Responsibilities include:
- Properly saving benefits not currently needed
- Communicate changes in benefits to beneficiary
- Maintain accurate records of payments and expenses
- Reporting information to the appropriate agencies as authorized by the individual and SSA/SSI
- Account for all funds and return funds the individual is not entitled to
Related Services Include:
- Bill Pay
- Money Management and budgeting
- Assistance with the establishment of special needs trust
- Establishment of burial trusts
- Bank account set up and account management
- Financial reporting
- Assistance at SSI/Medicaid Appointments
- Assistance with SSA Yearly Audit
- Easy access to funds via reloadable debit cards or personal bank account deposits
As per SSA regulations, the currently monthly service fee of $43.00 will be deducted from the participants Social Security Benefits upon receipt.
What program participants are saying about us!
“They help me with my benefits… they help me pay my bills and keep my receipts in order. This is much easier for my parents, they’re not getting around like they used to…”
– Mark Bloom, 16 year member at CAU